Dartford Concert Band - Letter from the Secretary...
Rehearsals will restart in January 2022
Dear Band Members,
Happy New Year to everyone!!
I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year, managed to have some time with family and friends and didn't catch Omicron!
Government guidance on COVID at this time has not impacted on our plan to start back to rehearsals on Wednesday 5th Jan.
With Omicron still widespread however, the committee has updated the risk assessment which is attached. We are asking people to err on the side of caution and pay particular attention to the following:
Omicron is highly transmissible and reporting suggests that it can result in the ADDITIONAL common symptoms that are more like the common cold, starting with a sore throat, runny nose and a headache. Therefore -
- Please do a rapid lateral flow test on the day of EVERY rehearsal - this protects everyone and prevents the spread of infection. There is emerging information that swabbing the throat as well as the nose is more effective at picking up Omicron (this makes sense given the symptoms above). Swabbing the back of the throat with the shortened Q-tips is not difficult (if funny to see!)
- If people have any of the emerging (sore throat, runny nose and a headache) or traditional (high temperature; a new, continuous cough including coughing a lot for more than an hour; a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) symptoms of COVID, they should do a PCR test
- The risk assessment also requires
- people to wear masks when not sitting
- opening of windows to ventilate the space
- taking of breaks outside
- wash hands frequently - wipes and gel are also provided
- please follow the Glentworth's requirements - a QR code is provided
We have setup a Muzodo sign up system and will be using this for both gigs AND rehearsals. Everyone should get an automated email within the next couple of days. It will ask you to set up a password for your personal account. Please ensure that you sign up to rehearsals, it is important for people organising the room to know how many people will be coming to a rehearsal.
A link to Muzodo, and the full DCB Risk Assessment appears on the MEMBERS page.
Remember - Do a lateral flow - don't assume - don't risk - if you think you have a cold, think Omicron!
Secretary - Dartford Concert Band
Welcome to Dartford Concert Band
Dartford Concert Band formed in 1979 with the aim of allowing musicians of all ages to come together to make music. From an initial attendance of 10 people the band has grown to a regular membership of around 35. We still maintain the aim of allowing people to have fun making music and welcome brass and woodwind players to join us at our rehearsals on a Wednesday evening.
We perform concerts at a number of venues including the Bandstand in Central Park, village fetes, local churches and play for the “Arrow Riding Centre for the disabled” Christmas Carol Service every December. In recent years a number of our members have also supported Dartford Salvation Army playing Christmas Carols at Sainsbury’s in Crayford.