Dartford Concert Band - Letter from the Secretary...
Rehearsals will restart at the beginning of September!!!
Dear Band Members,
Although we move today into the next stage of the pandemic roadmap, the number of infections is rising significantly and will continue to do so for a number of weeks. Although not proportional, the number of admissions and deaths is also rising.
It will be difficult to accommodate personal distance at The Glentworth, (should people prefer to have a larger space around their seating in response to the rising infection rate).
The number of contact pings and therefore isolation requirements, by NHS Track and Trace, as the number of infections rises is also likely to increase, which then has a knock on effect on family summer plans.
Therefore, regretfully, the decision has been taken to not return to Dartford rehearsals until the start of term in September.
The intention is to start rehearsals on Wednesday 1st September.
Please keep safe and look forward to seeing you in September.
Secretary - Dartford Concert Band
2021 AGM Minutes are posted on the Members page
Dartford Concert Band - Rehearsal Guidance and Important Information
Every member who attends a rehearsal has a personal responsibility to both themselves and everyone else at the rehearsal, to keep safe and to minimise the potential for any spread of COVID-19.
- Do not attend if you have displayed any COVID-Iike symptoms (e.g., fever, new continuous cough, loss of taste and/or smell) in the last 14 days, whether diagnosed or not
- Do not attend if you have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last 14 days
- If you develop symptoms in the 14 days after attending the rehearsal, please let us know straight away: You all have Don's email address!!
- If you are unable to contact us due to illness, please ensure that you have a designated person who will contact us on your behalf, should the need arise.
- If you have returned from a country that requires quarantine or are required to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, do not attend until your self-isolation period has been completed.
- Every person can currently access 2 rapid lateral flow COVID tests a week. As people emerge from lockdown and begin to mix with others, undertaking these tests may be reassuring to individuals.
- We will record attendance for track and trace purposes,
- You will need to register at each rehearsal on an attendance record which will be kept for at least 21 days.
Each member MUST bring to EVERY rehearsal:
- Your own instrument, music stand and pencil
- Your music pad
- Face mask (unless exempt) and personal hand gel
- Towel and plastic bag to catch/mop up spit/water droplets
- Members will be asked to leave the rehearsal if they do not have this equipment with them
- A bell cover (for brass and woodwind) is highly recommended — this can be homemade or bought from a supplier for £2-3 such as www.moistureguard.co.uk.
- Please also bring a drink to rehearsal if you want one, no refreshments will be provided by the band until further notice.
- Please try to arrive at least 10mins before the rehearsal to allow time for everyone to set up safely.
- While waiting to sign in and during the rehearsal, please maintain appropriate social distancing from other band members.
- Please position bags and cases so that people do not need to touch them when accessing their own property.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry to the rehearsal room with the sanitiser provided or your own.
Welcome to Dartford Concert Band
Dartford Concert Band formed in 1979 with the aim of allowing musicians of all ages to come together to make music. From an initial attendance of 10 people the band has grown to a regular membership of around 35. We still maintain the aim of allowing people to have fun making music and welcome brass and woodwind players to join us at our rehearsals on a Wednesday evening.
We perform concerts at a number of venues including the Bandstand in Central Park, village fetes, local churches and play for the “Arrow Riding Centre for the disabled” Christmas Carol Service every December. In recent years a number of our members have also supported Dartford Salvation Army playing Christmas Carols at Sainsbury’s in Crayford.